Hilltop Handspun yarn is made from alpaca, wool, angora rabbit and mohair fleeces purchased from local farms and then processed in small mills in the Northeast and Canada.
My colors are inspired by the beautiful Western Maine mountain environment.
The dyes I use come from various sources, but I stay on the safe side with natural and organic dyes.
I live, create and sell my products from my physical location in Lovell, Maine, USA.
IS ON A GREEN MISSION
* To offer quality Maine products that utilize Maine farm grown fibers in a useful form while positively promoting the State.
* To develop a resource and outlet for natural hand dyed yarns with superior customer service.
* To foster awareness of the importance of a safe environment through education and the personal use of safe, "green" and non-toxic craft supplies.
* To add tactile and visual beauty to this corner of the world, and to create beautiful yarn.
* To contribute to the local and larger communities.